Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Potstickers! Little pockets of yumminess!

      So what inspired me to do this recipe was a dinner at The Cheesecake Factory with my husband. We had these wonderful potstickers! My husband and I are the type of people that like to enjoy private dinner time, so we wanted to enjoy a dinner without the next table an elbow away. I decided to make my own version of this wonderful treat to enjoy at home!

The Tools You Will Need:
Cutting Board
Knife
Medium Bowl
Large Frying Pan
Stirring utensil

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground pork (or any meat you like)
1/2 medium head cabbage, finely chopped
1 green onion, finely chopped
2 slices fresh ginger root, finely chopped
2 water chestnuts, finely chopped (optional, I have made them with and without)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp of sesame oil
3 Tbs Vegetable oil
2/3 cup Water
1 package of wonton wrappers (if you can get a potsticker press, it will make it easier) 

Directions:

Crumble pork in pan, cook over medium high heat until brown. Drain and set aside to cool.



In a medium bowl, mix together the pork, cabbage, green onion, ginger, water chestnuts, salt, sugar, and sesame oil. Chill in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight. (I did make it once only chilling it for 2 hours, flavor is a little less intense.)


Place a tablespoon of the mixture into each wonton wrapper. Moisten the wonton wrapper and press together with potsticker press. If you do not have a potsticker press then just fold over the wrapper and seal with a moistened fork.




In a large, deep skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium high heat. Place the pot stickers into the oil seam side up. Heat for 30 seconds to a minute. Pour 2/3 cups water into skillet. Gently boil for 7 to 8 minutes, until oil and water begins to sizzle, and then add 2 more tablespoons of oil. When the bottoms begin to brown, remove pot stickers from heat.






We use a premade tempura dipping sauce to dip the pot stickers in.

2 comments:

  1. OMG... you're making me hungry! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! :) They are simply a bit of heaven bite sized yummm
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make them again :) I am also coming up with a cream cheese rangoon recipe. Its a fried wonton stuffed with cream cheese. I will also make one with goat cheese too ;)

    ReplyDelete