Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Barbeque Dinner

I made a barbeque dinner a couple nights ago, but I made it inside since we still do not have an actual grill. It turned out really good. I made ribs, grilled corn, and baked beans. I cheated on the baked beans and got a canned version but still added my own flare to them. The ribs are an all day cooking task because you will want to start them about 6 hours before dinner time.

Tools for all 3 recipes:

Cookie Sheet
Tin Foil
Medium Sauce Pan
2 Medium Mixing Bowl
Grill Pan or Grill
Whisk
Spoon

Ingredients for Ribs:

1 Cut of Pork Ribs
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C Ketcup
1/4 C Mustard
1Tbs Garlic Salt
2tsp Red Pepper Flake
2tsp Cyanne Pepper
2tsp Ground Chipotle Pepper
2tsp Oregano

Directions:

Pre-Heat oven to 170°F or the lowest it can go. In one mixing bowl combine the dry rub together. That consists of 1/2 cup brown sugar and half of all the spices. Mix until combined. Cover the cookie sheet with the tin foil and place the ribs on it. Then rub the dry rub onto the ribs until completely covered. Place in oven for 1 hour.


While in the oven baking, make the wet sauce. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup ketcup, 1/4 cup mustard, and the remaining spices. Whisk until combined. After the hour is done turn up the heat to 200°F and baste half of the wet sauce onto the ribs. Cook for 2 hours. 

Then turn up the heat to 275°F for the last remaining 3 hours and baste 1/4 of the remaining sauce onto the ribs(the rest will be used on the grilled corn). Once done, let ribs rest for 15 minutes for the juices to settle and for them to cool to eating temperature.

Ingredients for Baked Beans:

1 Large Can Store Bought Baked Beans
1/4 C Brown Sugar
2Tbs Mustard
1tsp Garlic Salt
1tsp Red Pepper Flake
2Tbs Ketcup

Directions:

Place beans into medium sauce pan on medium. Add all the other ingredients and mix until combined. Simmer for 20 minutes.



Ingredients for Grilled Corn:


4 ears of corn, shucked
1/4 Barbeque sauce(Wet sauce for ribs)
1Tbs Canola Oil

Directions:

Heat up grill pan to medium high heat with the 1Tbs of oil in the pan. Add the corn to the grill. Be careful some kurnels can pop. Grill each side for 2 minutes. Once the ear of corn is cooked, baste the corn with the sauce then grill for a minute on each side.


Then all you have to do is enjoy the wonderful barbeque meal. I prepare the corn two ways, one I cut off the cob after grilling for my husband and son. Then for myself I just left it on the cob.



Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Especially the corn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sadie! The corn was my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious!!

    I'm a new follower! I found you on Cafemom. I'd love for you to stop by my blog too at It's the Thought that Counts

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Following you now from CafeMom! http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Plum! I am following yours now!

    ReplyDelete