Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili

I got some sweet potatoes in my basket again this week. I was excited to try a new recipe involving them! I got a couple cans of black beans with jalapeƱos from my mother in law. I decided that these would make a great vegetarian chili. It turned out wonderful and spicy!


Tools:


Large Sauce Pan
Cutting Board
Knife
Spoon


Ingredients:


5 Small Sweet Potatoes, cubed
2 15oz Can Black Beans, whatever kind
4 Ripe Tomatoes, diced
3 Cloves Garlic,  diced
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Tbs Canola Oil
1 Tbs Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Cayanne Pepper
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Rosemary
2 tsp Chili Powder
2 Bay Leaves
1 C Water
2 Beef Bullion Cubes


Directions:


Peel,diced, and cube all the vegetables. Heat oil in sauce pan on medium high heat. Add the vegetables except the tomatoes, black beans, and all of the seasonings.






Cook for 3 to 4 minutes then add the tomatoes, bullion cups and water. 






Bring to boil and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and sauce has thicken some. Then enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment