Monday, August 15, 2011

Spicy Spaghetti Sauce

I love making things spicy. I use lots of peppers and seasonings to make a wonderful spicy dish. Its my take on combining Italian and Mexican food all in one dish. The sauce I make is usually a really big batch because my whole family loves it. I even made it for my family that was going camping this week.  You can also add more heat or take some out of the heat out.

Tools:

Cutting Board
Knife
Large Sauce Pan
Spoon

Ingredients:

3 Bell Peppers(any color), sliced
1/2 Onion, diced
1lb Hot Italian Sausage, cooked
4 Cloves Garlic, diced
1 Jalapeño, diced
1 34oz Tomato Sauce
1 16oz Stewed Tomatoes
4Tbs Tomato Paste
2Tbs Cayanne Pepper
2Tbs Chipolte Powder
1Tbs Salt
1/2Tbs Black Pepper
1/2Tbs Red Pepper Flake
2Tbs Fresh Basil, minced
2Tbs Fresh Thyme, minced
Olive Oil

Directions:

Heat sauce pan up with tablespoon of olive oil. Crumble meat into sauce pan and brown . Add all the veggies and sauté for about 10 minutes with the meat.


 Add garlic, stewed tomatoes, and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.



 Then add all the seasonings and tomato sauce. Simmer for 4 hours or more. Then serve over any kind of pasta. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment