Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cinnamon Candied Nuts

I always love these candied nuts that I would get at the fair. I had always wanted to know how they made them. I saw something on the cooking channel where they were making a vanilla candied almonds. I was inspired to try and make my own version with the spices I thought they used at the fair. 


Tools:


Sheet Pan
Silicon Mat or Parchment Paper
Mixing Bowl
Kitchen Aid Mixer and Bowl
Spatula


Ingredients:


4 C Whole Almonds
4 C Halved Pecans
2 Egg Whites
1 C Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Pinch of Salt


Directions:


Preheat oven to 300°F. Whisk egg whites and vanilla until fluffy but not stiff. Add the nuts and coat. Then add the sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until coated.




Pour out on covered sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes then cool for another 20 minutes. 






Break apart and store in airtight container. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment